Almond Sprinkle Cookies

Sprinkly Almond Cookies
Source: Molly Yeh via Food Network
Our Rating: 5/5
Happy Lunar New Year folks!  I was watching some afternoon Food Network last week when these cookies immediately caught my eye.  I loved the almond cookies I used to get at the end of a Chinese buffet meal with my mom when I was young, and was hoping these would live up.

I was nervous making these without a mixer but she did it on the show so I did it too. I combined the wet ingredients in a bowl with only a whisk.  I mixed in the dry ingredients and it all came together despite my apprehension.


I didn't have a combination of red and gold sprinkles handy, so I made my own with two jars of Fancy Sprinkles (picking out some green trees from the red) and was happy with the result.  I mixed them right on in!



Of course, that wasn't enough so I loaded up the tops as well, beautiful!


These baked up beautifully and I loved that it made a reasonable amount of cookies, not too huge of a batch.  Once cooled, they were just the right amount of sandy and crumbly and had a great hint of salt.  It was hard to eat just one!



What are your favorite Lunar New Year recipes?  I'd love to try more!

Comments